Monday, October 18, 2010

Reality Check

It's been weeks since my last doctor's appointment, and that long since I've seen the Nugget.  I'm sure it's a normal feeling to start doubting oneself or the miracle that is continuously growing inside.  I can't feel anything moving yet and I can't hear any heart beat.  I've been trying to keep myself from getting too excited for fear that something may happen and I would fall that much farther.


Today, my reality was again confirmed at the Perinatologist.  We went for the First Trimester Screening at 13 weeks and 5 days - fully elective at this point, but the only non-invasive test we could do to make sure everything was good.  This is what we saw...
The Nugget's length is now 7.56 cm (approx 2.9 inches) from crown to rump.  And yes, his crown is the size it should be, although it looks large (Chad's kid for sure).  The doc said we're right on target for the April 20 due date.  You can also make out a leg and arm.

Nugget's profile - nose and forehead look great (one of the indicator's of a higher chance for Down's Syndrome).  [Sorry about the funny angle.  The photo scanner flipped out after the first, so I resorted to taking pictures of the last 2 print outs.]

Nugget's profile - with little ear.  We also saw fingers, 2 hands, 2 legs, 2 feet.  Nugget's heartbeat is around 150 bpm, which is nice and healthy.

The little booger is deinitely my child.  Kept putting it's arms up in the way and wouldn't turn the correct direction to get the scan of the spcae at the back of the neck.  Stubborn little thing.  The tech did ask if we wanted her to make a guess at the gender.  "Only if you're 90% sure."  So, we still don't know if we're having a Nugget or a Nuggette.  The gender scan should be around Dec 1.  I'm hoping to talk them into letting me come in the day before Thanksgiving.

We should have the actual results of the measurements and finger prick test next week.  I just wanted to share the most recent pics of our little Nugget.

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy and excited for you both! Great pics. I can't wait to see you "in full bloom" Val. You are going to be the best mom. I love you!

    ReplyDelete