Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Bump, Bloat, or Just Plain Belly?

I can’t say I’m surprised that I hadn’t really noticed it was coming.  During the first 6 months of this year, I embarked on a journey to lose 30 lbs and never saw the changes in the mirror, only in my clothing and the scale.  I’m not sure if that means I have a funky mirror that lies to me A LOT, or if I just don’t really pay attention to the way my body looks.

Recently, I’ve been trying to hide my tummy area because I couldn’t really tell if I was getting Baby Bump, or if it was pregnancy bloat, or just my belly expanding from the constant eating I’ve been doing.  This morning, however, I woke up with no feelings of bloat, checked the scale when I got out of the shower, and got dressed for work in a skirt and sweater.  ‘Holy Goodness, where did that come from?!?”  I know my pants have been fitting a bit tighter, in fact I had to unbutton them a couple of days this week at work (go ahead, you can laugh, it’s pretty funny).  But I really did not see this before, it just snuck up on me.  Now that it’s here, I think it’s time to embrace the bump.  I’d rather people know that I’m pregnant (even though I’m not a huge fan of the spotlight) than have people just think all that hard work I put in has gone to the dumps.  So, the next question is, where do I find inexpensive, cute maternity clothes that I’m only going to wear for a few months?

1 comment:

  1. Old Navy is the best. The trick is not all stores carry maternity clothes. So you either have to drive or order online (which can be difficult considering you have NO idea what size to order because it's not like you've ever been pregnant before!). I have a few cute shirts from Old Navy if you'd like to try them. They may be a little stretched from the later months, but you could wear them later. Just let me know.

    ReplyDelete