Tuesday, August 30, 2011

The Wonders of Technology


I finally did it.  I broke down and signed us up for a Skype account.  I ordered a web cam using My Coke Rewards points (free, thank you very much), set up our account Saturday night, and had our first family Skype date on Sunday.

We got to see and talk to Kimma, G'pa Sassy, and Auntie Sami.  It was awesome.  The "call" only lasted for maybe 10 minutes because she was a bit cranky, but that's 10 more than they had before.  With most of Charlotte's family being so far away, it's great to have this option.  She'll be able to see them and hear their voices and get to know them while they watch her grow up.  Of course, nothing beats the real face-to-face connection, but this is truly a fantastic 2nd choice.

I waited and pushed it off for so long, thinking that it was just another techno-fad.  And now that we've tried it, I don't know why it took me so long to give in.  I can't wait to schedule more visits with family and friends!  We may live far apart, but we won't be missing out on any family time!

No comments:

Post a Comment