Friday, July 29, 2011

Back to the Grind

Well, we all lived through the first day of Mommy working full time.  Daddy still has hair and Mommy didn't cry or pout too much.  (I think it helped that I was slammed today.)  I didn't think it would bother me since I've been working half days for the past few weeks, but it hit a little harder than I thought.  I'm a little sad that I'll only get to spend a couple of hours with her when I get home from work and those hours are usually her crankiest because she's tired.  I'm disappointed that Daddy will get to see her learn new things everyday and I won't be there to see them with him.  I'm concerned about my production and supply of breast milk.  I'll be pumping at work during my 3 breaks (although today I didn't get to at lunch).  I'm worried my supply will diminish or lessen to the point where we'll have to supplement because I can't pump every 2 hours (which is close to her feeding schedule).  The only small hope I have is that the pediatrician tells us next month that she's ready to start getting a little bit of rice cereal.  That would allow me to pump for that feeding and put it in the freezer for a later date.  It would also be awesome if we there were an onsite daycare in my office building.  I would be able to visit/feed her on my breaks and Daddy could have a couple of days a week to do his favorite yard work and actual business work.  Plus, I would get an extra 90-ish minutes with her while we drive to and from work.  But, alas, there is no on-site daycare and I must continue to work full time until we can figure out how to stretch our dollars a bit more.  We'll just keep plugging away at it and enjoying the time we have together, even if it's during a 2 AM feeding. 

1 comment:

  1. I just wanna say that the solid feeding shouldn't replace a nursing feeding. Check out the book Baby Led Weaning :-) It never did with Alex...it was merely for taste. Though we won't be giving rice cereal at all with the next one (completely changed my philosophy on introducing solids). I don't mean to sound discouraging, but the solids don't actually start to take the place of milk feedings until about 9 months. Also as far as pumping, I have many mommy friends that have made it to the one year mark pumping at work and nursing in the morning and evenings...you can do it! Oatmeal and Mother's Milk tea help...as well as visualizing C nursing when you are pumping (that almost always works to get let down going for me).

    ReplyDelete