Thursday, April 14, 2011

An End In Sight!

Had a doc appointment today to see if I had "progressed" any.  Dilated to "not quite" a centimeter.  After a week since my last appointment, no progress.  So, we made an appointment for me to come back on Monday, 4/18 - I'll be 39w5d.  But then, we made a date.  If Nuggette doesn't decide to come on her own, I'll go to the hospital late Easter Sunday night for an induction to deliver Monday!  I will only be prego until 4/25 at the latest! 

I wasn't anxious or nervous this entire time.  I'm getting there now.  It's a bit more real to have a date that I will for sure have a child!  That's a lot to take in.  Yes, I've had 9 months to get used to the idea, it just wasn't real since nothing was really happening (other than my belly taking on the distinct shape of a basketball).  I figured it would hit me when we were on the way to the hospital (assuming I would go into labor on my own).  Now that there's a "plan" that's almost just as bad!  I can't reschedule, I'm still not in control, but somebody wants to make me think I am, even if just a smidge.  That's kind of mean.  Don't tease me with structure!  I want all or nothing.  Totally spontaneous or completely planned.

Well, maybe she'll surprise us all and come on her own still.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

1 comment:

  1. You are going to be the best mom! I can't wait to meet Nuggette! Love you Val.

    ReplyDelete