Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The Magic Number Day - 35 / 35!

So today marks 35 weeks down with 35 days to go!  35 DAYS!!!  Holy boogers, that went by really fast!  I can actually count the days now!

Let's take a quick measure... Still feeling pretty well.  Staying up an extra 2 hours helps me sleep better at night so I only wake up once.  My ankles are starting to swell a bit when my days are too long (and don't put them up much).  My restless legs kick in a bit earlier than they did before pregnancy.  My back only aches at random times, but the heating pad usually helps with that.  And my belly button is still off center - I hope it goes back to "normal" (whatever that is) after Nuggette gets here.  All in all, still can't complain.

The funny part is that I've started to bump into a few more things with the belly.  It's not like I forget that I'm pregnant.  I can feel the little movements from my little Nuggette most of the time.  I feel the aches from my hips when they start to catch, and my feet when they're a bit tired.  I can definitely feel the extra weight I'm carrying. 

I just forget how round I've gotten.  I'm starting to look like a basketball shoplifter.  I've run into a couple of door jams, Chad, our table a few times, Chad, the desk at work, Chad, and now I can no longer fit through our bathroom doorway with only one of the doors open.  Before you start calling me names that would surely get you hurt if we were face to face, the bathroom has a doorway slightly larger than a normal size standard door but has 2 small french doors instead of a single standard one.  For most of this pregnancy, I could turn sideways and fit though the door in the morning so the light wouldn't bother Chad while I'm getting ready for work.  Now I have to open both doors to make it through.  Fabulous.  Suddenly, I'm reminded of a horrid rhyme from when I was a kid... "Fatty, fatty, 2 x 4, can't fit through the bathroom door."

Well, I lost it once, I can do it again.  It just may take a little more time than the first time around.  Until then, I'm taking full advantage of my "condition" and enjoying my fresh baked chocolate chip cookies.  Mmmmmm, cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment